Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
Intense Pulsed Light, also known as IPL, delivers high-intensity pulses of light that penetrate your skin and heat the sub-surface layers. Studio L Face & Body uses IPL to get rid of brown spots (age spots) caused by sun damage and unwanted spider veins, while stimulating healthy, new collagen. It is a form of light therapy, used for various dermatological procedures including hair removal.
What is Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)?
IPL devices use multiple wavelengths of light to treat sun-induced changes on the face, including brown pigmentation, age. IPL is also used to treat the facial changes of rosacea, including redness and broken blood vessels. IPL may be used for these changes on the forearms, hands, neck and chest as well. It is safe and considered non-invasive.
Effective treatments IPL can do:
- Acne Scaring
- Hair Removal
- Skin Rejuvenation
Benefits of IPL
IPL skin rejuvenation offers patients a wide range of benefits, including:
- IPL is a quick in-salon procedure, with almost zero needs for recovery. It’s easy to fit it into your schedule and get on with the rest of your life. You see great results without undergoing intensive surgery.
- IPL works wonders for removing red splotches, brown spots, and scarring, as well as reducing pore size, eliminating and reducing wrinkles, and improving overall skin texture, smoothness and quality. IPL has been used to treat rosacea, hyper-pigmentation, melasma, age and sunspots, broken capillaries, spider veins, stretch marks, and other conditions as well.
- IPL is a great tool to help combat the effects of ageing, and achieve a more youthful appearance.
- IPL offers a legitimate and long-lasting solution, as opposed to some procedures which offer only short-term results.
- IPL can also be utilized anywhere on the body, offering great versatility from a single procedure.
How many IPL treatments will I need?
In general patients have a series of 3-6 treatments, approximately 2-4 weeks apart.
How will I look after each IPL treatment?
Most patients experience a few days of redness, some brown spots may appear darker for a few days; they appear as little coffee grounds then flake off within 3-5 days in rare cases longer. You can apply mineral makeup immediately after IPL treatment if necessary.
What is my skincare before and after IPL treatment?
It is imperative that the area being treated is not tanned 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the day of the procedure. Afterwards, it is important to protect your skin from the sun using a sunscreen daily. You should use a gentle skin cleanser and moisturizer for about a week, and then you can resume you normal skin care routine.
Erase pigmentation, sun damage, age spots, and minimise facial redness
Before & After IPL Treatment Gallery
For pricing and booking, please fill up the form here.